October 30, 2023
What You Need to Know About New USDA Organic Regulations
1. Certification is Key
2. Importer Responsibilities
Importers play a critical role in ensuring compliance. Under the new regulations, importers are responsible for:
- Verifying the import certificate received from foreign exporters.
- Ensuring that import certificate data accurately reflects the shipment details.
- Confirming that the organic products have not been treated with prohibited substances during their journey across borders.
- Maintaining a robust organic control system that documents these verifications (to be reviewed by certifying agents).
- Ensuring that all commercial documents correctly represent the term ‘organic.’
At The Block Logistics, Inc., we aim to ensure compliance and enhance your overall experience. We’re here to provide personalized guidance and support, tailoring our services to your specific needs. Together, we can embrace these changes and continue delivering the high-quality organic products your customers expect and deserve.
The USDA has provided ‘The Program Handbook: Guidance and Instructions for Accredited Certifying Agents and Certified Operations to provide guidance, instruction, and policy memo documents relating to this rule.